Hello everyone, it’s been a while! I thought I’d give a little life update to you first, I took the very scary plunge and handed in my notice at my job without having a job to go to, eek! I absolutely love everyone I work with and I have friends for life there but I became ever so comfortable in a job that isn’t in my chosen career sector. After months of thinking about it, I decided to say goodbye and go into 2018, currently, jobless but with the focus of starting my career. If anyone has done the same I’d love to have a pal in the same boat as it’s a big step to take!
Looking back at 2017, it has been an amazing year! A few bumps but all round I can look back and see how much more of a grown up I am (although I still find ‘adulting’ difficult!). I’ve been to so many gigs, Glastonbury and took a holiday to Berlin. I have pushed myself in many aspects and my confidence has grown dramatically this year.
I’m going to set myself some 2018 goals to push myself further as a person, these goals are going to be ambitious but I am so self motivated at the moment that I think it’s good to set them now!
- Get a job I really enjoy in my chosen career
- Travel alone, even just for a couple days. Book a flight to somewhere I really want to go and brave the fear to visit a city all by myself
- Work out more and tone up my body
- Meditate frequently and be more spiritually aware
- Be more eco friendly, make eco-concious decisions, everything from food to clothing
- Buy less and make my purchases more worth while, invest in key pieces
- Take better care of my skin and find a treatment that works for my acne
- Spend more time looking for inspiration, don’t let myself feel stagnant in what inspires me
- Join a class, whether that be yoga, drawing, pottery etc.
- Read more books, these being novels not just fashion books
- Book more festivals, gigs and theatre tickets
I feel my goals list is aspirational but also achievable! This year has been great, I’ve become even closer to all my best friends. I’m creating more and more stories and experiences that I can’t wait to retell when I’m older.
I’d love to know everyone else’s 2018 goals so please do comment below or send me a message!
Have a lovely week, and if I don’t post again beforehand, MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
Photography: Jo Webb
Blazer – charity shop | Roll neck – Primark | Skirt – Monki | Over Knee Boots – River Island | Bag – Skinny Dip